There are a lot of ways to lose weight without exercise. However, most of these methods may not work for everyone. In fact, they may leave someone feeling bad about themselves making them think that there might be something wrong with their body.
Having been someone who was bullied since high school for my weight, I was determined to lose weight. However, it always seemed like the diet plans, pills, and programs never work for me.
Best Ways to Lose Weight
If you are struggling to lose weight without exercise, this meal plan will be your foundation to avoid gaining more weight than you are losing.
- Faster metabolism. One of the most important things to remember is to avoid consuming too much sugar and starch (carbs). With this, you can help your body lose the weight fast, and not gain it back. Consuming less sugar and carbs will convince your body that you don’t need any more foods. As a result, you will feel less hungry, and you won’t feel the need to always munch on sweets and pastries. Since there won’t be too much sugar to burn, your body will start feeding on excess fats.
- Lower insulin levels. Lower insulin levels will let your kidney get rid of excess water and sodium out of the body. As a result, you will be less bloated and you will shed the excess water weight.
This was tested on two groups of people. The first group ate a low-carb diet until they are full. The second group was restricted to eat calories and are always hungry.
This graph shows the result of the test and proves that eating fewer carbs will let you lose more weight compared to eating less fat.
It’s okay to eat fats, with protein and vegetables
Make it a point to consume fats, protein, and vegetables on every meal.
Below are foods that are a good protein source:
- Seafood and fish: Trout, salmon, shrimp
- Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb
- Eggs with yolk
Benefits of eating a high-protein diet:
- Boost the metabolism
- Reduce obsessive thoughts of food
- Reduce snacking
Below is a list of low-carb veggies
- Brussels sprouts
- Swiss chard
You are encouraged to eat as much low carb vegetables as you can. Go ahead, no one will judge you for it.
If you fill your plate with lots of vegetables and meat, you can have all the vitamins, minerals and fiber you need to stay healthy and fit.
Below we list down the healthy sources of fats:
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
You can consume these fats 2-3 times a day. Whenever you feel hungry at the end of the day, it’s okay to add a fourth meal.
Fats are ok for consumption, as this meal plan I am showing you right now is asking for a low-carb diet, doing low-carb and low-fat diet together will only make you fail. And I don’t want you to feel bad and end up abandoning this journey.
Lift weights three times a week
I know, this post is supposed to be about a meal plan that doesn’t involve any exercise. The diet plan I mentioned above is powerful enough for weight loss. However, if you want to see your body in its best form, weight-lifting is optional.
You can visit your nearest gym and ask a trainer to assist you with warm-ups and weight lifting until you can do it on your own.
This exercise will burn a lot of calories and encourage your metabolism to keep pumping, and not slow down. Remember, while you are losing weight, your metabolism will start to think that it also needs to slow down.
This low-carb diet will encourage the development of more lean muscles while you lose weight.
Some alternative to lifting: